Code Of Conduct
ATHLETES RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- I have the Right to belong to the HADC Gladiators Hockey Club.
It is my Responsibility to uphold its mission and be dedicated to my sport and my team.
- I have the Right to be treated fairly and equally.
It is my Responsibility to know the rules, follow the rules, and accept the consequences of all my actions.
- I have the Right to speak and be heard.
It is my Responsibility to communicate with others respectfully, and not to use any foul language or unkind words, or unkind gestures.
- I have the Right to qualified and dedicated coaches who will respect my rights as an athlete.
It is my Responsibility to work together with my coaches, and respect their rights as coaches.
- I have the Right to enjoy my sport in a safe place and in a safe way.
It is my Responsibility to tell my coaches if I feel unsafe.
- I have the Right to be united in sportsmanship and fair play.
It is my Responsibility to treat others fairly, encourage sportsmanship and fair play.
- I have the Right to bring to events my personal items and my sports equipment.
It is my Responsibility to look after my sports equipment and report any theft or damage of my sports equipment to my coaches. I will not take another person’s property.
- I have the Right to be respected on and off the ice, wherever I play hockey.
It is my Responsibility to respect others on and off the ice.
- I have the Right to be the best I can be and to receive recognition for my successes.
It is my Responsibility to encourage and support others to do their best.
- It is my Right and my Responsibility to have fun and participate in my hockey practices and games with my teammates in a safe and positive way, and to the best of my ability.
ATHLETES CODE OF CONDUCT
Each athlete shall, on and off the ice, on the grounds where hockey is played including inside and outside arenas, either home or away, as well as at all hockey related events:
- Adhere to the Athletes Rights And Responsibilities
- Maintain high standards of conduct, which include self-control and responsible behaviour.
An athlete should consider the well being of others and display courtesy and good manners.
- Avoid profane or abusive language and disruptive behaviour, including behaviour
that is dangerous to self and/or others.
- Abide by the rules of the practices and of the games.
CODE OF CONDUCT INFRACTIONS
Head Coaches have sole and absolute discretion as to any disciplinary actions to be taken if a person violates the Athletes Code of Conduct. Any action taken is predicated with the good faith belief of the HADC Gladiators Hockey Club that the disciplinary action is appropriate.
The following disciplinary actions may be taken at the discretion of the Head Coaches:
- Issue a warning and Bench the athlete
- 1st Warning is a verbal warning
- 2nd Warning is in writing (signed by Head Coach, Athlete, Parent)
- If there is a 3rd infraction, the Athlete is suspended for such time as the Head Coach deems appropriate & will be recorded in writing (signed by Head Coach, Athlete, Parent)
- Expulsion from the HADC Gladiators Hockey Club
- Any further infraction will result in expulsion
Signed: Lorraine Whaley, President Dated: September 2019
On Behalf of the Head Coaches and Directors of HADC Gladiators Hockey Club